Thursday, November 17, 2011

Winter is here!!

You know winter is here not when the snow falls but when the wind blows...  Today it doesn't seem too windy.  At least my windows at work aren't sounding like they would like to blow away and its actually warm sitting next to them.  However the sun is out and there is a slight breeze. Enough to make you wonder why you carried your mittens across the street and didn't put them on.

My father is out of town visiting his parents so yesterday morning I went over and shoveled mom out of her house.  They live in the house my mother grew up in.  If you've ever seen it in the summer you know where they live in Anchorage.  However during the winter, or at least this last wind storm, they had snow drifts on their front door.  Which has a screen door on it, that opens out...  Needless to say I was out there freezing shoveling my mother out of her house.  It felt good to be able to do something for someone who has always encouraged me and loved me. 

One of my new pet peeves however is 9th Avenue between 'I' and 'L' Streets.  The road is supposed to be two lanes.  Right now its a lane and a half...  Needless to say that if you ever drive that way going home the traffic is more congested then it was before they remodeled it...  Want to make a left hand turn onto the parkstrip anyone???

Winter is here, I watch the sunrise and the sunset from my office and see P.I.T.A. in the dark during the week.   Time to make the winter resolutions and stick to them!  Below is a picture of Image and I from a couple winters ago.  Rest in Peace Image, you are missed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment